Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey adam...good stuff

2 posters

Go down

hey adam...good stuff Empty hey adam...good stuff

Post  c-lion Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:01 pm

was in colorado for a while and just heard your latest...good stuff...keep it up buddy
c-lion
c-lion

Back to top Go down

hey adam...good stuff Empty and oh ya

Post  c-lion Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm

let me know if i can help do anything to aid this mighty podcast

my garden coming in great...although im confused a bit cause ive never grown corn and this time i did...but i put three kernals in each hole and now ive got 3 salks coming from each hole...should i cull or replant all but 1 in each hole?

thanks m8
c-lion
c-lion

Back to top Go down

hey adam...good stuff Empty Re: hey adam...good stuff

Post  Adam Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you I'm glad you liked it. New one is actually close. I have been working a lot to get the garden together too.

Yea, corn wont like sharing the same hole in the ground but they do want to be close enough together. A good general rule of thumb is rows 18-24 inches apart and the seeds in the row planted 12-16 inches apart.

Renee Shepherd is a very great friend of my mothers and she has an excellent blog and organic seed business. She has been doing this for a long time. Her blog is an excellent source of information.
"According to Iroquois legend, corn, beans, and squash are three inseparable sisters who only grow and thrive together. This tradition of interplanting corn, beans and squash in the same mounds, widespread among Native American farming societies, is a sophisticated, sustainable system that provided long-term soil fertility and a healthy diet to generations."
Renee's blog has a great article on this ancient Iroquois technique. If you have enough space this it is a great technique to use.
Adam
Adam
Admin

http://the-portal.podomatic.com/

Back to top Go down

hey adam...good stuff Empty Re: hey adam...good stuff

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum